With a delectable soundscape of swirling reverbs and harmonies, Lemonade casts a critical eye on consumerism and Australia’s environmental issues.
“The song was born from frustration at our Government’s continual blind eye to big oil’s fracking and destruction of this beautiful country’s land,” said lead singer Bec.
“We’d be so pleased if the song helps affirm action, or inspires some critical thought.”
To help get the ball rolling, Bec has prepared a list of beverages she recommends drinking whilst giving Lemonade a spin.
BEC’S ‘LEMONADE’ LISTENING BEVERAGE LIST
- Crude oil. We probably rate this lowest on taste, but highest in terms of conceptual links to Lemonade …invite some press and environmental activists, and make it a performance art show!
- Brawndo: The Thirst Mutilator. The ‘water’ from the movie Idiocracy seems a pretty good thematic choice for your Lemonade listen, too. It’s got what plants crave…it’s got electrolytes… Also, this is actually doable, since this is a real drink now.
- XXXX Gold…garnished with a slice of lemon. Yup…this is actually Ross’ go-to beer. (I know). We feel the lemon slice really classes it up.
- Flaming Moe Homer. I make no secret of the fact that I’m a Simpsons nut. Besides, am I crazy, or does this drink actually look delicious?
- Bec’s Mum’s Winter Flu Remedy Lemonade. Lastly, an actual serious offering, ‘cause sometimes I secretly pretend I have a cooking show. Ingredients: the juice of half a lemon, two big spoonfuls of honey, half a red chilli, a garlic clove & a chunk of ginger. Pour & chop all the things into a teapot. Pour over boiling water & let steep for about 5 minutes. Strain, drink and instantly feel your sinuses clear and throat get less sore!
I don’t know if it’s just a placebo effect, but I even drink this sometimes when I’m not sick – it just gives you a kick and makes you feel healthy.
PS: Approach with caution – I adore it, but Ross finds this drink utterly revolting.
- A cool, refreshing glass of turnip juice. Because what better drink is there to celebrate with?
Give Lemonade a spin, get drinking, and catch The Halls at their Lemonade Single Launch at The New Globe Theatre this Saturday, 11 June at The New Globe Theatre. There may or may not be a signature cocktail on the menu! Get your tickets here.
LEMONADE – THE HALLS