If you put the sounds of post-rock, the beats of hip-hop and funk, and the texture of electronic-dance music in a blender, the result would be Brisbane rock-duo Faux Bandit.
The duo (consisting of Adam Brill and Josh Johnstone) released their debut EP The Better You Look, The More You See last year and are currently putting the finishing touches on their second EP Flex.
Ahead of their headlining show at BTM Management’s April Showcase next Friday (22 April), we asked Adam and Josh five ‘Mid-Week Musing’ questions related to the theme ‘thug life’ and here’s what they had to say….
- If we were a famous bandit duo we would be…
Bonnie and Clyde but we are both Bonnie. Or Batman and Robin (they wear masks – it counts) but we are both Robin.
- If we could steal any five songs by any artist and release them as our own, we’d steal…
7 days – Craig David
Rock your Body – Justin Timberlake
Hello – Lionel Ritchie
Bump N’ Grind – R Kelly
Robot Rock – Daft Punk
- Our ultimate ‘Faux Bandit Street Gang’ would consist of…
The gang from West Side Story that finger-clicks all the time except that we can’t dance so I don’t know if we would make the cut.
- Out of Captain Jack Sparrow and Ned Kelly, we’d rather be friends with…
Jack Sparrow. No contest.
- If someone went viral on the internet for releasing our songs as their own, we would…
Have to get drunk and fight them. Or just lie down and accept that our art is worth nothing but the name that’s slapped on top of it and that’s just the world we live in.
For a high-energy, keep-you-on-your-toes set with plenty of yelling, loud drums and guitar make sure you catch Faux Bandit at The New Globe Theatre next Friday, 22 April. All event and ticket information available here.